Mar 4, 2011

five of the fabbest i know

i have been fortunate enough throughout my life to have some pretty freaking amazing friends.  
last night i chatted it up with some of my oldest partner's in crime.
oldest meaning we go waaaaaaay back.  we're not old!

there were 5 of us...

the fab five:

 they were all there for me through one of the most challenging times of my life. 
this picture {above} was taken 10 days after my mom passed away. 

we've each had trials and struggles and hard things and
i wish i could say that i've always been there for them.
but time has created imaginary boundries that have kept me, personally, from reaching out.
but we have always been aware of each other and each individuals journey.


and they have always always always been in my heart.
because no matter how much time has gone by, our shared childhoods forged bonds that are unbreakable.




cheers to the sleepovers in the camper, the dancing, the singing, the predictions, the late summer nights, getting caught sneaking out and sluffing.  Cheers to SHOOP and HARD HABIT TO BREAK, among many other awesome 1990's songs.  cheers to mother nature and training and padded bra's. 
cheers to all of the memories.
cheers to the husbands and babies.
cheers to lifelong friendships.
and cheers to amazing women i am proud to call mes amies

4 comments:

Erin said...

Perfectly said. I would love those pictures. I remember taking it but wher was the last one taken. We also need a new one taken.

Skea Family said...

You all look so beautiful!!

kristen said...

Wow! Summer you always have had a talent for writing. I agree with Erin, couldn't have put it any better. Way to make me cry. We always have so much fun together. You girls will always be my best friends. Life does get crazy, but when ever we get together it is like we were all ment to be friends for life. Love ya!!!

Summer said...

Epp, Here I am forever later! Sorry! If you were on Facebook you would know that the last picture was taken at Ambers bridal shower that her sis in law did at her parents house or something... Just kidding about the Facebook thing! Not kidding about where it was taken. Next time we all get together I'll bring copies of these!